If you know me IRL, you know I love a good DIY project from furniture to macrame, to regenerative gardening and now to websites = don't you know, I've built an entire business around DIY websites and marketing... lol!
But seriously, I'm so happy you are here because over the upcoming months, I'll be here to teach you everything I've learned so you can turn your website visitors into real clients that fall in love with you for your magic!
Let's begin with the basics:
Often business owners who are just starting out DIY their first website. This is great! Because your time = $$ and there is a plethora of Website Builder platforms that are designed to be user-friendly.
Wix, Squarespace, Shopify and even WordPress for the more technically enhanced users.
However, DIY websites often lack that special sauce to stand out, be effective and convert leads (website visitors) to clients.
In order for your website to stand out, have clarity and be effective, you need my basic storytelling recipe:
Let’s break it down:
When you highlight your offerings, be sure to discuss the opportunities your client's business will have if they invest with you. Talk about the results first and then tie in your services as the solution.
It's like reverse engineering your services. Think of the best possible testimonials you could ever receive and then paint the picture around those specific results.
Fine tune for clarity! This is what your homepage should be developed around.
You may have heard this on social already that "I do" statements are out and "value statements" are in. I couldn't agree more!
Don't just tell your audience what you do (your products, your services - blah blah lol). Tell them what you value as a person, a business, an entrepreneur! Illuminate what lights you up in your work and why you began your entrepreneurial journey in the first place. That's where the magic lives!
Life and business is all about connections. Who do you really want to work with? Who's your perfect client? Now think about what you can do for them instead of what they will do for you. And then consider how your value statements connect to your client's life or business, to the problems you are about to solve for them.
Remember, they may not even know what their problems are yet. They just need to see you as their solution.
Now let's put this storytelling recipe into action!
Say you are a Reiki practitioner, your storytelling recipe will look something like this:
- Stress Reduction and Relaxation: A Reiki session helps with deep relaxation by activating the body's natural healing abilities, reducing stress, and promoting a sense of calm and well-being.
- Emotional Balance: Reiki can help balance emotions and release negative energy, allowing you to feel more centred, grounded, and better equipped to handle life's challenges.
- Pain Relief: Many people find that Reiki sessions alleviate physical pain and discomfort, as the energy work promotes healing and restores balance within the body.
- Improved Sleep: After a Reiki session, you may notice improvements to your sleep quality, as the relaxation and stress reduction effects of Reiki can lead to more restful and rejuvenating sleep.
- Enhanced Personal Growth and Self-Awareness: Reiki sessions can provide first-timers with insights into their personal growth and self-awareness, helping them gain clarity on their life's purpose and empowering them to make positive changes for their overall well-being.
Can you see how this is speaking to the client's needs rather than you listing your services? This is great opening content for your website! Think about sectioning each point off on it's own and combining these sections with images or icons to create a visual representation as well!
Value Statements & Connections:
- As a Reiki practitioner, I value compassion and empathy towards my clients, which allows me to create a safe and nurturing environment for their healing.
- Integrity is essential in my practice, as it fosters trust and confidence between my clients and me by upholding standards of practice and maintaining professionalism.
- I prioritize mindfulness by being present and fully engaged during each session, enabling me to effectively channel healing energy and respond to my clients' needs.
- I recognize the importance of self-care, nurturing my own well-being so that I can be more effective in supporting my clients' healing journeys.
- Service is a value I hold dear, giving back to my community and helping others through complimentary sessions, volunteering, or other forms of service.
- I strive for balance in my personal and professional life, which enables me to maintain my energy levels, avoid burnout, and consistently provide high-quality healing sessions.
These statements are highlighting who you are as a human being first and as a practitioner second. You are peeling back the curtain to show who you are at your core - this is your magic!
This is the foundation of storytelling on a website.
Now you want to sprinkle these value statements throughout your website in small, digestable pieces and be sure to create that connection between your solutions and your values so your storytelling recipe turns leads into clients!
Include a booking platform on your website. People do not want to fill out a contact form or send you an email for a consultation or a paid appointment/service. You've spent all this time generating an engaging story on your website so you better not lose them in your outdated processes!! You need to capture their interest instantaneously.
Acuity and Calendly are great integrative and affordable tools for most website platforms. And if you need a CRM for invoicing, proposals and scheduling, Dubsado is the queen of all platforms. This is the platform I use and I love it!
Are you Ready to Convert your Website Leads to Clients?
If any of this is resonating and you are interested in up-levelling your website to attract more or your perfect clients, reach out for a complimentary consultation! I'd love to support your entrepreneurial journey! 🔗 is below.
I provide mentoring for the DIY'er or the full package website/platforms build out - whichever suits your current small biz journey and budget!
Krista, your small biz BFF
|Schedule a complimentary consultation here|